Due to the number of phone calls and e-mails we receive each day regarding animals needing homes, animal abuse & neglect we ask that you are patient with us and we will return your calls & e-mails ASAP. If it is an emergency please make sure that you state this when leaving a message or e-mailing us.
Hooves & Paws Rescue Of The Heartland, Inc.
Genea Stoops, President and Secretary
Bill Stoops, Vice President and Treasurer
27821 US Hwy 34
Glenwood, Iowa 51534
All Calls will be returned within (24) hours or sooner
712-355-3721 Genea's Cell
712-355-3711 Bill's Cell
If you see a situation that you feel is abusive or neglectful:
The following steps should give a general idea as to the requirements to begin a legal case. We now have an attorney that has donated his services to Hooves & Paws Rescue of the Heartland to help us when an animal or animals are being neglected or abused in any way.
- Stay safe, and stay within the law.
- Record the dates of all visits.
- Create a written record for each time you check on the animals.
- Try to find other witnesses that would be willing to testify in court if necessary.
- Take photos of the animals, surroundings, and any thing that would help the case without actually going on the property.
- Contact local county law enforcement.
- Contact us here at Hooves and Paws of the Heartland.
- Do NOT Trespass on anyone's property or try to remove the animals, regardless of their condition.